Tuesday, October 24, 2006

just general musings

I realized I had another picture of Nadeau sensei's group at the Aiki Shrine, so I'm including it in a very general blog. Big Mike Collins is currently undergoing chemotherapy and radiation for his brain tumor. We wish him the best. I taught a workshop over the weekend at the Avalon Arts Center in Sacramento. It was a wonderful experience. My deepest thanks to Peter sensei for inviting me out. Also thanks to Diana, who, along with Peter, gave me a much needed bodywork session between classes to loosen up a troublesome back. It was also nice to re-connect with Gordon Binz, who used to train with us at the old dojo.

The weekend before I was invited to participate in a documentary being filmed by an old training partner Foster Gamble. The documentary is about the changes necessary for us to reach a balance with nature and ourselves and the planet so that everything is self-sustaining. And to go from that state to where everything not only sustains but thrives. I participated in a 2 hour interview and demonstrated the aikido staff movements i have been working on. Among those interviewed for the film is none other than Deepak Chopra. The film is being targeted for theatrical release ala 'Fahrenheit 911". More on that as it develops. My deepest thanks to Foster and to his parner Kimberly for including me in this wonderful project.

The following is a video of paired aikido staff emphasizing the free form approach I have been working on. My thanks to Jim Johnson for his kind assistance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home