Sunday, June 25, 2006

Monday morning in Tokyo

Our flight was long(10.5 hours) and otherwise uneventful. This morning our group met at quarter of six and walked together to Hombu dojo, with Nadeau sensei leading the way. Doshu taught a fine and very energetic class. Even though it was not very warm, the humidity was something we \californians we`re not used to. Thegroup of 40 new people made the mat even more crowded than usual. At Hombu dojo the custom is to train with the same partner the whole hour, and I had a great class partner the whole hour, and I had a great class paired with Frank Silvey. After class and a short meeting with Doshu, the rest of the morning was spent withNadeau sensei in a couple of coffe shops interspersed with a couple of taxi rides. On Wednesday we are scheduled to visit the Aiki shrine in Iwama. I have not been there since 1973. We will return that night, hopefully, to have dinner as a group with Doshu. Jet lag is beginning to take me, so I will sign lag is beginning to take me, so I will sign out now .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home