Wednesday, February 24, 2010

dojo ebay



As many of you know, I am in the process of moving. So I'm putting a lot of my stuff in storage. GEtting the storage area in line to take my stuff has been a project. There are some things in there that may be of interest. I was originally intending to have a yard sale in the dojo. But that would necessitate bringing a lot of stuff into the dojo. So I thought instead I'd let people know what is available and they can contact me with an offer at jack @aikidosj.com.

1. I have the vhs sets for "The Avengers" in 1963 and 1964. These star not Diana Rigg but Honor Blackman, whose Cathy Gale preceded Emma Peel. The character of John Steed is much darker, not the suave image we are used to from the Diana Rigg series. Ms Blackman did her own stunts and learned judo for the role. She is, of course, most famous as Pussy Galore in the Bond film"Goldfinger", for which she left the British tv series.

2. From 1975 I have the complete vhs set of Kolchak the Night Stalker, starring Darren McGavin. This was a tv series, but I also have the 2 made for tv movies that preceded the series: "The Night Stalker" and "The Night Strangler". An interesting blend of horror and comedy. McGavin is excellent. There was an attempt to revive the series a couple of years ago, but the original is much better.

3. A Japan Life International sleep system. It allows you to sleep in a magnetic field, which can give you the eqivalent of accupressure or body work as you rest. This is a child's unit, but many claimed the adult ones were way too hard. It is cushy and comfortable. The 108 magnets are said to last for over 100 years.

4. A mochi maker. With special rice(brown can work too) you can cook up rice cakes. They can vary from garlic seasoned to sweeter more desert versions.

5. A box full of t-shirts with O sensei's calligraphy for "Katsu Hayahi" or "Do the aikido that can be seen by the human eye". Or "that speed which transcends time and space". Mainly chilrens sizes.

6. Audio cassettes of "The Floating Bridge of Heaven", amatsu norito, kami goto, free form kototama. I gave one to Hikitsuchi sensei with a lot of trepidation. But he liked it. It is available at our website through Cafe press, but the audio cassette contains some artwork by Lou Bermingham sensei done especially for the audiocassette.

7. Dvds of a youtube video I did,"Secret Agent Gal", starring Dame Diana Rigg in an Emma Peel like role. I did a vocal for it that I know sort of regret doing. I whispered into a mike trying to get a new sound. The vocal is very inconsistent, but I edited Dame Diana's two mini-films "Minikillers" and "Das Diadem" into, I think, a good little short. I showed it to Nadeau sensei, and response was,"That's one tough woman".

8. A whole bunch of fairly current comic books featuring the "Blackest Night" arc and the current "World AGainst Superman" that is in the current Superman titles.

So if you see anything you might like, let me know. I'll donate 50% of everything taken in to the dojo. AS more items surface, I will let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home